Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Just Be Yourself!

You might have noticed my commitment of posting everyday is rapidly biting the dust. Chalk part of that up to the fact that MAY is the busiest month of the year, but the other part? I started reading other blogs!!! Not only does this cut down on my writing time, but it has also given me a little complex.

For the past week as I bookmark blog after blog, I'm thinking "Wow! She is really funny!" Or spiritual, or candid, or (fill in desirable attribute here)." Seriously I feel like I did when I walked into my BYU music class for the first time. All the way there I thought I was "all that", but once I got in there, I figured out that my contribution to the class was about as significant as P*ris Hilton's underw*ar.

Which brings me back to the same question I ask myself about running. Why am I doing this? I guess it comes around to the same answers. To see if I can. Because I think it makes me a more well rounded interesting person. Because I like the sense of accomplishment I get from doing it.

Whether or not it makes a contribution to the running community is irrelevant, because that's not the reason I do it. And so, with blogging, while I think it's challenging to make my posts entertaining to read, I have to remember that contributing entertainment to the internet is not my main goal. My main goal here is to keep a journal for myself, to keep in touch with friends, to make myself a more well rounded person, and maybe have a little fun while I'm at it.

I'll still continue to surf my favorite blogs, and glean blogging ideas from them from time to time, but I have to remember that this is the one place that its pretty much for me and about me. That's right - It's Just Me!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Please, just be yourself! That's why I keep coming back- I love what you contribute.

Unknown said...

Oh, Randi~
I just love peaking into YOUR life! When I started it was for my journal. I know that I'm not the funniest or the smartest. I'm not always the nicest or the most spiritual, but I want my kids someday to have a record and this is the way I'll keep it. So yours is you and mine is me!

Long story short! I love your blog :D

Steph

Vern said...

I just discovered your blog through the mormonmommywars site and I relate to this post. I thought I was pretty cool until I entered this blogosphere and it was like BYU freshman orientation all over again. And hey, I live in Colorado too! Keep up the good work and maybe I'll see you at some future something-centennial dancing church celebration at the Pepsi Center one day.

Linda Runyan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vern said...

responding to your msg: I'm in the Denver Stake - how about you?