Friday, November 30, 2007

My House Just Exploded, and My Head is About To.

Last night in a burst of insanity energy I decided to get out all my Christmas decorations. All of them. My brother and his family volunteered to come over and help for an evening, and I just thought - what the heck? Lets knock this whole thing out in one evening.

R-i-i-i-i-i-ght.

So we got everything that is Christmas out of the loft.

And figured out that only about half my indoor lights are working this year. Which meant a trip to the grocery store to buy lights. And here's a little tip for you:

The answer when someone asks how many boxes of lights you bought will always be "Not Enough."

Even if you just bought 8 boxes.

So basically, we spent the evening relighting Christmas trees, and didn't take out a single ornament. Which was super fun for the kids, who just wanted to know, "whenarewegoingtogetoutthetrain?"

I just took a picture of my family room, which is too depressing to post.

Ok here it is. This isn't everything, but its a lot of it.



But by golly, those lights will all be working by tonight.

I'm having a Young Women's Board meeting in here on Sunday. Is that a problem? Maybe if I put a tree and a stack of ornaments next to each seat the ladies would decorate while we talk.

Ok- just kidding.

Kinda.

14 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Just looking at your decorations stresses me out. It's all I can do to decorate one tree. And my husband does all the assembling and putting on the lights.

Melissa said...

We don't have our stuff done either... I'll get to it... don't rush me...

jjstringham said...

Holy cow, that's a lot of Christmas decorations. That's a lot of TREES. I have one tree and like three random decorations other than a tree. I want more. So if you decide you have too much you can just send it to me. :-)

Tonya said...

A Christmas tree decorating party, I like it.

You have lots of trees. It will be worth it when you are done.

I haven't pulled the stuff out yet so you are one up on me.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I'm very jealous of your multiple trees. One day, when I'm a real grown up, I'm going to have lots of trees.

goddessdivine said...

You can never have too many lights. And I love all your trees!

I think you should create some sort of assembly line on Sunday. Or tell the ladies if they want to sit, they have to empty a box of decorations.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I can see the potential for pretty...it'll be okay, just breathe...right...and again...again!

Looks like quite a collection! We decorated in like two hours because we're still used to living in 2 bedroom apartment squalor. Suddenly I have a huge house to decorate. Ummm.

Yvonne said...

I love the idea of having a decorating party!

Can't wait to see the finished product! Enjoy.

TheOneTrueSue said...

Holy mackerel! We have a couple of knicky knacky type things and our Christmas tree. I put that cranberry looking garland around the tops of the kitchen cabinets and twinkle lights in my kids rooms and call it a day. YOU - you don't mess around. WOW.

mindyluwho said...

I'm trying to handle both this post and your last post without getting stressed out and I'm not doing too well!

Once I had a tag on my pants that kept beeping when I went through and they kept having me take things off and go back through. Finally they took me over and did THE SEARCH. I felt a little violated!

And then to come home to decorating...well, it will be beautiful with all those lights!

Nancy Face said...

Wow, that's a lot of trees! My one tree and 8,000 ornaments just about did ME in. Okay, I'm exaggerating just a teensy li'l bit! ;)

If I was part of your Young Women board, I would LOVE a meeting where I could help decorate...I'm just sayin'! :)

Anonymous said...

rand,
it could be a "service project" for the YW to decorate during your broadcast. tee hee.

hope your day is as awesome as you, kathleen :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

My mom is lying, we have 1 million christmas ornaments...and sadly, she doesn them herself haha.

N.F. said...

Oh! You just motivated me to take some pictures of my tree. :)