(Someone's been watching too many political commercials, ya think? It's one of the "perks" of living in Colorado. I don't remember the last time I saw a commercial for an actual product.)
I've been in a funk for days now, and frankly I'm having trouble shaking it.
I guess I don't write about this stuff because I hate reading whiny blogs.
On the other hand, there are people around me who imply that the reason I don't have a lot of really close friends is that I don't share myself with people very well. ( and ewww.. Cause when you put it like that, it makes me think about the movie Cocoon.)
It's just a bunch of stupid stuff. Things that I can usually shrug off without too much trouble.
- A remark someone made that I'm sure wasn't MEANT to be insulting, but the longer I think about it...
- The generous showers of appreciation -by people around me, for people around me- who do great things. But really, time after time I am giving the same effort and not included in the same rewards. It's silly. But this week I've let it get to me.
- It's setback after setback at work.
- It's children who are teenagers and therefore of course don't include me in their plans anymore. (Even though I really would like to see the Twilight movie with them, they (naturally) wouldn't even think to invite me as they make their plans.)
- It's being told to get tickets myself for a birthday thing I want to do with my family. Yeah, I can get the tickets. And I will. But doesn't the fun almost DOUBLE if someone else does it?
It's fine. I'm fine.
I know. There are people in the world with real actual problems.
I'd call it PMS'ing, but that isn't physically possible for me. Well, and it's lasted about 8 days.
Maybe I'm just a mean person now.
I don't even know when it happened. I guess it was about the time the flying monkeys started doing flight patterns around my house.
Yeah, I think that was it.