Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yeah, I'm The Boss, But It's Really More Of A FigureHead Position

I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I love getting together with my sibs and my parents, because it can be just so dang much fun. We play hard, we laugh harder, and we are all just a teensy bit competitive. But we know we love each other which totally overrides the whole competitive thing. Usually.

All my siblings are very smart, incredibly funny, very successful in what they choose to do, and did I mention just a bit competitive? (where did we get that? must've been all those Saturday morning chore competitions. We had a smart mother.)

I've always thought of them as amazingly well-rounded people. But you know, everyone has strengths, and we are no different. While there is a lot of overlap, in my head, Todd dominates the smart category, Jenny is the compassionate one, Becky can do anything because she has the iron will of pure determination, and Matt is the persuasive, charming one.

I can hear every one of them reading this to themselves, and saying in their heads, "What? I'm ______________, too!" And yes, yes you are ALL all 4 all of those things. And so much more. (No,we don't still compare ourselves to each other. We're much more mature than that. Why do you ask?)

I am going to take all kinds of crap from posting this, aren't I?


Me? Well, sometimes they let me boss them around a little. I don't know.

But we've had a family joke going for years ... about who is "the funny one".
So I find it relatively amusing that my sister will finally, FINALLY admit in public and on her BLOG who is the funny one.

(This is really not what I think of my job in the family, but I find it extra amusing that she wrote about it.)

So if you're interested, Jenny's blog is here.

13 comments:

Yvonne said...

I haven't been first in ages!!!!

Yvonne said...

Family is great. I don't know of many families where there isn't some healthy competition. As I look at your list, I'd have to say YOU ARE ALL OF THOSE THINGS.

beckers said...

You're a great boss, Randi. But I think that you are all 4 of the other things also!

goddessdivine said...

I don't even know your family and I would have to say that you are the funny one.

Tay said...

I'm glad that you're the funny one. lol

My brother THINKS he's the smart one, but we all know that its actually me. :)

CB said...

I think you are both funny!

One of you must be crazy - i read about collecting crock pots!! ha ha

LisAway said...

Being funny's okay I guess, but you can make a lot more friends if you've got a good crock pot collection.

You guys are funny. I totally vote for you as funniest.

Dave said...

Really? You are competitive?

I bet the games of "Taboo" at your family reunions are pretty intense then, huh?

Randi said...

Yeah, let's just say that Taboo is one of several games we don't play together anymore.

And don't even get me started on Apples to Apples.

mormonhermitmom said...

You guys are a crackup. The nutty kind.

Paul said...

I think you nailed that pretty well, from what I know. You have no idea how shocked I was to lose touch with Becky for a few years, then come to find out she's a...wait for it...DENTIST?

Huh?

Honestly, I admired her for that. A lot.

I like to think Matt has gotten all his charm from me - the little goober worshiped me.

Rebecca Talley said...

Family dynamics are the best.

jjstringham said...

I claim beibg the sane one in my family. ;-)

And now you've gotten me curious. . . just how many Crockpots does your sister own?