Wednesday, April 11, 2007

To Run, or Not To Run

This year, our High School track team has t-shirts with this saying on the back:

Life is short.
Running makes it seem longer.

I laughed HARD! Yesterday I signed up for the St George Marathon Lottery. I have about a 50/50 chance of getting in. On one hand, it was a GREAT marathon, and I love having a goal and a schedule. I like being in training, and figuring out how I can do it better than last year. On the other hand, marathon training is a LOT of work. The program I have used for the last 2 years isn't particularly grueling as far as training programs go, but let's face it, anytime you are running 40+ miles per week, its a lot of energy, as well as a lot of time.

I won't know if I got in for another month, which will be 2 weeks into my marathon training schedule. (I know... it's all backwards.) So I am exploring other options. I have thought about triathalons, and there are several this summer in Denver. Also there are a couple of 100+ mile relays that would be fun to run, and my club is always looking for team members for that. All in all, there are lots of options, and maybe this is a good time to branch out a little bit. Time will tell....

No comments: