Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day, You Pyros!!

What is it about some people and fire?

I live with a bunch of pyromaniacs! All you have to do is say "Wyoming", and people's eyes light up and you can practically smell the gunpowder - or whatever that smell is. As you might guess from my enthusiasm, I am of the let's-watch-those-from-a-safe-distance-camp. I love, love, love to watch the big displays. But I'm too much of a worrier to enjoy fireworks when there's the possibility of exploding fingers. Sorry.

The Brain OTOH, is of the let's-light-our-own camp.

So we've agreed to compromise. We'll go to the big fireworks display in the mountains tonight to celebrate the way I traditionally like. Then when we get home, I'll call the fire department to swing by our house, and spray the roof - - so that he can keep his tradition alive as well.

It's the give and take that really makes a marriage work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi randi -- hope you all had a wonderful 4th of july even though you were flamin finger fearin :)

~blessings girl, kathleen :)