Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hot Beverages Are Not A Laughing Matter!


I can tell by the fact that more than just my own alarm is going off at 5:30 am, that early morning seminary classes have begun. If I were a better mom than I am, I would probably make an effort to get up each morning and make a hot breakfast for Lizzie as she gets ready to head out the door.

But - - I remember that one time both those times I got up on snowy mornings last year and made hot chocolate for the girls before they left at 5:55 am. I even had the forethought to buy those cool looking Starbucks type cups with the sippy lids and those brown sleeve things that go around the cup.

The first time they ooo'd and thanked me.
The second time, as they were running out the door, I called
Girls, there's hot chocolate on the front table for you! I made one extra chocolaty and one extra creamy, so I just wrote on the lids. EC for extra chocolaty and ...

oh, crap!

(I guess that one should have read "OC")

They laughed so hard they spilled their drinks all the way down the sidewalk on the way to the car.

Anyway...
Thus ended my career as an early morning barista.

And dang! Cause I think I could have gotten really good at that Caramel Apple Cider drink.

6 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

My mum's contribution to pre-seminary breakfast? A can of Carnation Instant Breakfast Powder. Gah!

Suzanne Mumpower said...

I'm not a morning person at all. Kudos to you for at least trying!

Heather said...

Ooo, if you ever figure out that carmel apple cider call me up!!

goddessdivine said...

Hey, at least you tried. My parents NEVER got up with me.....but at least I was dedicated enough to get myself out the door. I was always late, but at least I made it.

Kids here have it so easy. (That's Utah btw)

Hope4Hannah said...

lol i remember that!! that was one of the best mornings EVER!lol good times.. i wish you were here to make me hot Chocolate in the mornings....

Anonymous said...

hi randi: you are too cute :) i enjoyed this.