Scary how long it took to write this. You should try it sometime. And then come back and tell me so I can go read about you!
In keeping with the 100th post tradition, here are:
100 random things you may not know about me:
1. I don't have a favorite dessert. How could I choose? My favorite thing is to try something new.
2. My celebrity BFF is Glenn Beck.
3. I hate it when people use the word hysterical when they mean hilarious. It's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.
4. I'm training for my 3rd (and possibly last) marathon. It's kind of like a 9 months-pregnant woman deciding if she's going to have another baby after this.
5. My favorite drink is a Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke with cranberry and vanilla.
6. I have a teaching degree, but no plans to go back into the classroom full-time.
7. I'd rather get up at 3am than stay up till 3 am.
8. I like to sit in the front of the chapel on Sundays.
9. I get migraines when I overexert myself or get too hot.
10. I used to sell Mary Kay.
11. I rarely turn down chocolate, but
12. If there's a choice, I'll usually take Twizzler's licorice. Ironically any flavor BUT chocolate. (Ick!)
13. I like to cook, but I don't like to make menus and grocery lists.
14. I'd rather read blogs than magazines.
15. I live for autumn.
16. I also like winter. And summer.
17. And I'm even learning to like spring - even though it's the muddy season!
18. I can't really relax unless my kitchen sink is clean.
19. My favorite TV show is The Amazing Race. We watch it as a family and we love it!
20. I like to clean my house, but I really hate that I have to put clutter away before I can start the actual cleaning.
21. So sometimes it gets put off a little bit.
22. I love listening to Dr Laura.
23. I've read the Book of Mormon more times than I can count.
24. I've also read the New Testament all the way through.
25. But not the Old Testament straight through.
26. I can't keep a houseplant to save my life. Or its life either.
27. My favorite books are biographies.
28. I also like Nicholas Sparks books.
29. Musical soundtracks are very calming to me. (don't ask - I don't know why)
30. I've never been big on cute country decorating.
31. I'm more minimalist. Like Pottery Barn style.
32. If you can't say something nice about someone else, don't sit by me. I don't understand the mentality of tearing people down.
33. Right now my favorite color is orange,but it seems to change regularly.
34. I don't really like to shop. A little is fun, more than about an hour is a chore.
35. I'm terrible at keeping up relationships. I don't communicate with anyone I went to hs or college with, except my husband's friends. I have fond memories of couples we have known over the years, but once one of us moves away, I just don't keep up with it.
36. I don't like s'mores, but I'll take the toasted marshmallow!
37. I can sit all morning and watch a bulldozer dig a foundation. It just fascinates me.
38. I can water ski and wakeboard (it's not pretty, but I can do it!) , but I'd rather just ride in the boat.
39. I was a pom (dance team) my senior year of hs. What a waste of time!
40. I was also the editor of the yearbook .
42. The non-blog websites I visit the most are: Infinite Campus (checking the kid's grades), flylady.net, lds.org, and google.
43. One thing I never buy generic is orange juice. Another thing is laundry soap.
44. I understand a lot of Spanish, and speak a little.
45. I love to ride trains. Really l.o.v.e. it!
46. My least favorite color is blue.
47. MY most favorite calling was primary music chorister.
48. I'm really, really not an animal person.
49. I held out for 14 years before I gave in to getting the dog.
50. I seriously doubt there will be another one after she's gone.
51. I like taking my Christmas decorations down as much as I like putting them up!
52. I still have both my prom dresses. And I can still wear them. Not that I'd want to.
53. I can sew, but I don't do it often because it doesn't really seem cost efficient.
54. I played the flute for several years.
55. My grandfather was a BYU football player/head coach/athletic director.
56. So you can probably see why I'd much rather watch football than any other sport. It's bred into me. I root for the Rebels, the Cougars, and the Broncos.
57. My favorite Ben and Jerry's is Karmel Sutra or Phish Food.
58. I can't stand banana flavored anything. I barely can choke down a banana.
59. I start Christmas shopping in July. Probably because of #34. I have to spread it out over months. You'd think I'd be done before December, but I never am.
60. My favorite bible story is the raising of Lazarus.
61. My favorite Book of Mormon story is Alma the Younger.
62. My all time favorite scripture: Mosiah 2:17
63. I can quote lots of scriptures, unless I'm under some heavy pressure. Then I can't even remember my own name.
64. I am both stronger and weaker than I think I am.
65. I've never had coffee to drink, but I think I would probably like it. I like the smell.
66. My computer skills are , let's just say "lacking" because I'm married to the best computer tech guy on the planet. He'd be willing to teach me anything I want to know, but it's so much faster to just ask him to fix it. ( I know, I know...)
67. I used to sing well enough to make it into audition choirs.
68. I don't like horror movies. Which works out fine, because I also don't watch R rated movies - unless they've been edited.
69. I've been happily married to the same person for 23 years. I sometimes can't believe this little fact, because well, wouldn't that make us old?
70. My family is incredibly funny when we're all together.
71. Making phone calls? Not a big fan. I would be a lousy telemarketer.
72. If it's chicken or fish, I'll usually take the fish, but throw beef in there, and it's all cow.
73. The times listed on most of my posts have no actual correlation with the times they were actually written.
74. I once won the title of Fastest Subway Sandwich maker in Colorado.
75. My favorite card game is Nertz. We call it Nertz till it Hurtz, because when you're done playing, you'll probably be bleeding.
76. My silverware drawer stays organized and clean. Which is more than I can say for any other drawer in my house.
77. Even after 5 years on a swim team, 1 year on a dance team, and (almost)3 marathons, I don't consider myself an athlete.
78. I've always had curly hair, but I fought it for 41 years and tried to keep it straight. And can I just say, wow! Not battling the hair really frees up a morning!
79. I usually check my email 2-3 times a day.
80. My comfort foods are mashed potatoes and tapioca pudding. and Postum.
81. My car is usually dirty.
82. Some people think I'm an overprotective parent because I have a policy of communicating with other parents, and wanting to make a plan.
83. I really do believe that when you lose yourself in service to others is when you find yourself.
84. I'm a big reader, but I don't read many bestsellers because I don't like reading about immoral crud, and I don't like lots of swearing.
85. I cook a turkey every Thanksgiving, even if we've been invited to dinner elsewhere.
86. I feel bad that I haven't developed strong relationships with the people I visit teach, but considering that I haven't had the same route for more than 3 months in a row since our ward was formed, I don't feel terribly guilty.
87. I love candy corn.
88. I might be the only person on the planet that really likes fruitcake.
89. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day in the winter and shredded wheat every day in the summer.
90. I sometimes have a hard time regulating my body temperature and have to drink hot water to get warm.
91. I love where I live and I wish I got out to enjoy it more.
92. I love working with the teenage young women at youth group.
93. I go to bed pretty early. Usually before 10pm.
94. I also get up usually before 6am.
95. I like to scrapbook, but don't do it often because of the huge mess it creates.
96. I like to play Ghost Recon as part of a 4 man team with The Brain, my brother and my son. I'm even getting to the point where I can actually do some good as part of the team. (Maybe one day they'll plug in my controller!)
97. Other than that I'm not very good at video games.
98. But I am pretty good at websudoku.com.
99. I like my crocs and I wear them everywhere. I know they're the ugliest shoes on the planet, but they're also the most comfortable.
100. Jesus Christ is my real BFF, with The Brain coming in a close second.
And what I would really love is for you to tell me one thing that surprised you, and one or two things we have in common!
Seriously, even if you're normally a lurker!
Come on - you know you want to!