Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day




This morning I was sitting in the kitchen and I heard someone calling me.

Mom! MOM!

Yes? I answered.
MOM, this is LIZZIE!
Yes?
MOM, THIS IS LIZZIE AND ITS 7:10 ON MONDAY MORNING AND I AM STANDING IN THE HALLWAY!
Yes, sweetie. Happy Labor Day.
Oh.
I'm going back to bed.

(*Note that she is responsible to get herself out of bed in the mornings. She wasn't yelling at me, as much as she was completely frustrated with herself.)


I hate when I do that, but it's sure funny when it's someone else.

We're going to celebrate Labor Day by getting out and doing some work in the yard.

This might be the only holiday of the year that nobody walks around moaning about how we've lose the true meaning.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So true. I'm spending the day canning tomatoes... Happy Labor Day!

goddessdivine said...

That's awesome. Gotta hate it when you get up early for no reason.

Happy Labor Day. I think I'll spend mine at the pool.....perhaps I'll do a little labor around the house.

Anonymous said...

randi: thank you soooo much for sending me the uplifting note of encouragement today about my sat 01sep post. you don't know how much i especially needed your note today. just beautiful what you said.

you are an angel in disquise today,
grateful for you today,
kathleen