It was pretty funny. At one point I thought callers were about to climb through the phone to argue why the Baby Ruth should be included over the Butterfinger.
Here's what they ended up with:
Reeses PB Cup
Among the many runners-up: Kraft Caramels, Pez, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Baby Ruth , and TWIZZLERS.
I'm still trying to process the shock. Is there anyone in the universe who would eat a Butterfinger over Twizzlers? And what about caramel? Can you imagine a Candy Hall of Fame with no caramel? I thought not.
We can do a much better job with this. So help me out.
Here's MY Proposed Candy Hall of Fame:
- Hershey Bar - Is there anything more classic, and with wider appeal?
- M&M's - they've definitely made their mark. (Although personally I'd prefer the Canadian Smarties.)
- Snickers - not my favorite, but it's a classic.
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cup - I mean, come on - there's NO wrong way to eat it. Unless you start in the middle and make a big mess. That would be very wrong.
- Twizzlers - I'm totally bumping the Lifesavers on this because of the longevity factor. Does anyone under the age of 60 buy Lifesavers anymore?
- Tootsie Pop - Well, they're still running the SAME commercial from 40 years ago. I think you've got to call that classic.
- Rolos or Kraft Caramels - I can't decide whether to go pure classic, or throw the chocolate in for wider appeal.
- Jelly Bellies - I'm not sure these really belong here, but I can't think of anything that deserves the spot more.
And if you've been reading for awhile, but never chimed in? This might be a good one. All opinions welcome. Well, all you know, nice opinions.