People say that you can tell who someone really is by looking at their bookshelves.
Anyone looking at my bookshelf would actually probably have a pretty good idea about what I like. Here's the bookshelf closest to my bed.
You can click to enlarge it if you want, but basically there are some books that remind me who I am, some books about women that I admire (real and fictional), and part of my collection of picture books.
* confession* There was also some dust, which probably tells you more about me than I'd like you to know, so I um, moved it.
("---That's how you know! That's how you know! ---" I can't get that song with its marimba accompaniment out of my head now.)
Except my theory is that you can tell way more about someone these days by looking through their dvr'd shows.
Right now my DVR is full with:
- CSI - all 3 versions (the only thing The Brain requested)
- Glenn Beck (of course!)
- Biggest Loser (cheering for Brittany!)
- The Closer
- The Office ( which I refuse to delete until there are new episodes)
- A River Runs Through It (Which I didn't really understand when it first came out, so I was hoping to take another shot at it.)
- Bourne Identity (Somehow I never make it to the end before I fall asleep! Oh, but I will. One day I will. )
- Survivorman ( I love that this guy carries all his own video equipment, and is really alone out there.)