- Leg warmers and Madonna net skirts are stupid.
- You should have a plan for your elbows. I mean, I always knew that my elbows were kinda rough, but I never really had a plan, you know? But then my friend Q taught me a new trick. For the last year or so I’ve put lotion on my elbows every time I put it on my face. Who would have guessed what a difference that would make?
- Never buy disposable socks. And by disposable, what I mean is, any socks that don’t exactly match all the other socks. If I could have all the money back from pairs of socks that have only ever been worn once in this house, Maybe I’d have had enough money to hire a financial adviser to tell me to take my retirement fund out of the stock market before last month and we could have actually retired someday. See? Cute socks are evil, and have brought down the economy. Anyway, once I learned that I could buy white or black socks 3 pkgs at a time I never looked back. That’s 24 pairs of socks that all match exactly for about $15. And the best part is because they all match each other, I don’t even match socks anymore. I just throw them into the sock basket and let everyone grab them as needed. This theory works best when all the kids in the house wear the same size socks, but even when they didn’t, I was still better off buying all matching socks in each size.
- You are 5 times thinner than you think you are. All my life I’ve thought of myself as having weight issues. Now I look back at pictures and wonder WHAT I was thinking! Come on - you do the same thing, right? If I could talk to myself 10 years ago, it would be a serious pep talk about this… which kinda leads me to wonder if future me would tell present me the same thing right now.
- There is no such thing as too much sunscreen. My short stint as a Mary Kay lady taught me a surprising amount about skincare, and I saw too many women who didn’t wear sunscreen and what those years of UV rays will do. I wear it every day on my face and hands... And elbows.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Things I Wish Somebody Had Told Me
Probably everyone looks back at things in their past and wonders what the heck they were thinking!? I’m not talking about leg warmers or Madonna net skirts, either. Well, yes I am. What were we thinking? Anyway, here are five things I wish someone had mentioned to me earlier.