Sometimes the notes look like this:
But mostly they are helpful things, like:
- Don't let the kids make curfew extensions. This can only end in tears.
- Make sure to wash the bed sheets before he gets home.
I would be happy to come home to homemade cookies, though, so that's another note I have.
- Make cookies. The house will smell great,
Anyway, I think keeping this little notebook has made me a leeeetle bit better wife. Maybe.
The Brain will be home tonight (YAY! ) so I've jotted down a few notes I've made from this time around:
Notes to Self:
- When The Brain is gone, there will be a spider in every room in the house. I don't know WHY you keep thinking this time it won't happen. There's no point in going into denial, you're just going to have to kill them. There's also no point in calling Lizzie to help, because she will scream in your ear and grab your shirt every time the spider moves a leg, and everyone in the room will dissolve into giggles, and in the meantime the spider will be making it's way to the next room.
- Where it will pretend to be a new spider.
- Also when the Brain goes out of town= not a good time to start a scary novel. You already know you are a 'fraidy cat, and yet you insist on reading until you get sleepy, which you never will, because you will be laying awake at 2 am wondering what that noise was, and if the creepy shapes are coming in to get you. This is never a good idea.
- And yet you keep doing it.
- *Packing for girl's camp is not your forte'. Yes The Brain got all the equipment out and ready before he left. But you forgot to ask how the backpack should be packed. Google is your friend, but if you had any forethought at all, The Brain would have happily done it for you before he left.
- And I bet it wouldn't have taken him an hour to do it, either.
I think there were a couple more things, but they were on the paper where I may or may not have spilled my water in the middle of the night in a possible panic that I might have heard a spider on the ceiling. Heaven knows you can't be too paranoid about that kind of thing. (Because what if there really IS?)
Maybe my thoughts from this time aren't as practical as some of the earlier entries, but I think they're important things to remember nonetheless.
(You can see how those 4 hours of sleep last night have really kicked in and helped my thinking stay crystal clear, right?)
So this afternoon I'm washing sheets and baking cookies. YAY!
And next time he starts packing his suitcase, I'll be out picking up some bug spray, a drowsy Nicholas Sparks book, and some Rocky Road Ice Cream.
Because Rocky Road Ice Cream is the key to making the whole system work. Srsly.