Monday, October 5, 2009

Things We All Think About

First, a big thank-you to everyone who participated in the Conference Cliff Notes!!  I love all the quotes, and I love seeing what sticks out at you! 
As is customary, I'll leave that contest open one more day, and announce the winner tomorrow.  And then, if I'm doing it as "customary" it will take me between 1-6 months to actually mail the prize.  I hope to do that part a little faster this time.

Next,  something funny for your Monday morning.  I got this from a forwarded email.  Probably it came straight off someone's blog, and I really hate not being able to give credit for it...but it was too funny to just let it go by. 


Things We All Think About

1. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

5. There is a great need for sarcasm font.

6. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

7. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

8. Was learning cursive really necessary?

9. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

10. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

11. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

12. Bad decisions make good stories

13. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from; this shouldn't be a problem

14. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

15. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

16. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

17. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

18. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.

19. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

20. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

21. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

22. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

21 comments:

Dave said...

Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm from Kansas. Well, I mean, Kansas City. Which a lot of people think in in Kansas, but I actually live on the Missouri side... I just used way more than my allotted time, didn't I?

Cluttered Brain said...

ROFL! So funny! Thanks for sharing!

Barbaloot said...

Those are brilliant. Can't wait to share with my family!

Jillybean said...

Oh, how I wish there was a sarcasm font.

Yvonne said...

I totally identify with #10, 11, 13 (I start to sweat immediately ; ) and 19.

#17 really made me chuckle ; )

rocslinger said...

The way things are headed when someone says "I'm not book smart someone will ask, "whats a book?

mormonhermitmom said...

Forget cursive, why can't schools teach kids how to WRITE NORMAL LETTERS legibly?

And if you hate cyclists, don't ever vacation in Portland Oregon;)

Yay for a sarcasm font!

Chief said...

i read this somewhere too, can't remember where. How do I agree with every single one of these?

Kristina P. said...

So,I saw this on someone's blog, and the blogger basically presented thhis as if they wrote it. Not cool.

Anonymous said...

#21 is why I keep the entire Bishopbric phone numbers in my phone.

Unknown said...

You crack me up--and scare me at the same time because we think so much alike! And congrats on 100 followers!

That Girl said...

Ha! These were great - I laughed out loud more than once. I may or may not have snorted.

goddessdivine said...

Nice. I love the mapquest one; I've thought that many times!! And I say we join forces to declare that we just stay with DVDs. I don't want to change!!

beckers said...

Very funny!! And I completely agree with the ITunes one...why IS that??

Vern said...

LOVE that list. And I may be a little late to the party, but my favorite conference quote: "You're going to have to pass some gas before we can let you go home." :)

christa said...

this is the best thing I've read in a while. I'm not even close to knowing you but I found your blog and I can't stop reading it, you're totally on my reader. this is why I read your blog, there's nothing better than someone who says what they are actually thinking, it keeps life interesting and definitely more fun.

Emmy said...

That list was great!! Love number 9. I think I might have snorted a few times while reading this list :)

LisAway said...

Oh man, thanks so much for this, Randi. You gave me a coughing attack I was laughing so hard (or at least so many times).

I just LOVE these.

Dave said...

I tell Josh and Eli #3 all the time. They don't get it, but it makes me feel good that i can say "I told you so" in fifteen or 20 years

:-)

(turns out, naps at work are REALLY hard to pull off)

Miranda said...

Randi...I heart you. Who comes up with the stuff...it's great and so true. I'm laughing so hard my makeup is running. I needed that giggle to start me off today...and like #14...I'm done.

Unknown said...

Oh, I needed that laugh today! Thanks a million times over. By the way, I have "those" peoples' numbers in my cell, too.

I agree with too many other points to type each separately.

thanks again.