Saturday, April 7, 2007

Quick as an Easter Bunny!

What is it that makes days either go by at light speed, or drag like a snail through molasses? Do you ever have a day that is in-between? I rarely do. Today was a light speed day. I have so much to do before Easter tomorrow, and not enough time to do it! I did get my lesson prepared for Young Women tomorrow, but I didn't get all the preparations done for Easter dinner that I wanted to do. It's ok. Tomorrow will be there...
In preparing my lesson today I was going through some music looking for a particular song. I was thrilled to remember how much I like some songs I had completely forgotten about. One I particularly like and really reminds me of Easter is called Consider the Lilies
The Tabernacle Choir sings it, or there are some nice solo artist versions. You can hear a sample here:
www.hoffmanhouse.com/ctl.html

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, how they grow.
Consider the birds in the sky, how they fly, how they fly.
He clothes the lilies of the field, He feeds the birds in the sky.
And He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with His eye.

Consider the sheep of His fold, how they follow where He leads.
Though the path may wind 'cross the mountains
He knows the meadows where they feed.
He clothes the Lilies of the field, He feeds the birds in the sky
And He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with His eye.

Consider the sweet tender children, how they suffer on this earth
The pains of all those He carried from the day of His birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field, He feeds the lambs of His fold
And He will heal those who trust Him, and make their hearts as gold.

He clothes the Lilies of the field, He feeds the lambs of His fold,
And he will heal those who trust Him, and make their hearts as gold.

I love remembering that we will be taken care of. If He cares enough about the flowers and animals to take care of them ( and He does), surely He also pays attention to what we need, and cares for us. We aren't alone.
Happy Easter!

No comments: