I've been thinking a lot about the amazing place in which I live, and how much I love it here, and things I think it would be just sad to never do!
So here is my list of things that a Colorado Native should not miss. You can see I have a ways to go!
- Climb a 14er
Run the Bolder Boulder
- Fish in the Colorado River
Drive over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park in the autumn. Tour the Coors plant in Golden
- Go rafting on the Arkansas River
Pan for gold at a real gold mine
- Ski @ Crested Butte (some would say Vail or Aspen... but people from here don't ski there)
- Drive across Royal Gorge
See the dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloans (heaven forbid we call them "Indian ruins" ) at Mesa Verde. Attend a concert at Red Rocks( Dan Fogelberg. It was magical!)
- Eat in the vault of the Broker Restaurant in downtown Denver
Four Wheel over Imogene Pass into Telluride(NOT Black Bear Pass. Too scary)
- Go snowshoeing - pretty much anywhere
- Stay at the haunted Stanley Hotel in Estes Park
Ice Skate on Evergreen Lake
- Ride the railroad from Silverton to Durango
Visit the Olympic Teams Training Center
If you're familiar with Colorado, what am I missing? And if you're not, what's on the Must Do List for where you live?