So here is an update of the random that has been going on - in no order whatsoever:
- It occurred to me this morning that I forgot to use the basil I planted last summer to make pesto. Or for anything else. Maybe this year the basil will get planted in a spot where I don't have to walk around the back of the house to see it. Also - could someone text me every 2 weeks or so this summer and remind me to use the basil?
- I have finally run out of Gingerbread Tea. And by "run out" I mean - I just opened my last box. And I have already scoured the grocery store and there is no sign of it. As you might imagine, this makes me very anxious. Thank goodness for the Internets.
- Hannah and I have just completed season one of Hoarders. We would gag our way through an episode, and then come upstairs and clean something to make ourselves feel better. Lizzie wouldn't watch it more than once no matter how we begged her to come downstairs with us. Between you and me, I think the gag reflex on that little germophobe daughter works overtime. Mimi likes to watch with us when she has time, but she's a pretty busy chick these days.
- Also speaking of Hannah - we are up to our ears in Mexican food. Hannah craved it so much that we started a habit of eating it pretty much all the time. Not that it bothers me. At ALL. In fact, I feel sure I am getting close to having queso dip running through my veins and it's quite a happy sensation. Pretty sure my transformation will be complete by Easter.
- In other news: our new bishop is a democrat. Someone asked me on Sunday if I still thought the church is true. I may have to get back to you on that.**
- I have a stake calling right now and I truly stink at it. I'm sure the president is wondering what the heck she has gotten herself into. When I told The Brain last night that I was going to just call and say I can't do it anymore, he wanted to know why - - and then proceeded to tell me that if I would just get in and DO it, I would feel so much better. I hate when he's right.
- Diet Coke and I are better friends than ever. I keep thinking that giving it up would be a good idea, but then I remember that I am pretty much surviving on it right now. So I guess that's out. Seriously my comfort foods are Diet Coke, mashed potatoes, and tapioca pudding. If I gave up Diet Coke I would be as big as a house.
- Speaking of which, I am starting a new challenge on Monday. This one is only 8 weeks long, but it's focused on weight loss and fitness this time. The last couple of challenges I've been involved in I have wanted to do well.... but this one I want to WIN. Stay out of my way if you're playing. There will be No Mercy.
- I'm signed up for the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June. I feel good, and am quite ready to start running longer than the 4 milers I've been doing for the last month or so. I just hope I can keep the migraines under control this summer. I've got 2 more 1/2's in mind for the summer, and I'm going to see how it goes before I decide on a full marathon for the fall. The half is really my favorite distance -- but the full marathon seems like so much more of an accomplishment.
- This morning I had an awesome run in a misty rain. Thank heaven for wonderful running partners who will show up even if it's cold and rainy. My running partners are the main reason my running continues.