The only problem is that through a series of circumstances which started out beyond my control, and ended up with the fact that I dreeeeeaaaaad going to the Post Office (also beyond my control, I might add), I have yet to mail out that prize.
And so how could I offer a new contest with new prizes, if I hadn't yet paid up on the previous prize? Right? Even though I fully intend to do it. (though the ever gracious happymommy has probably given up on the idea of ever getting anything...)
But yesterday I tried to learn to knit (more about that in another post) while I watched conference at the same time, dutifully sitting my freshly blank notebook page and pen next to me on the couch. Frankly it didn't work. My notebook page is disappointingly empty of the wonderful quotes I'm sure were said, but I didn't catch because I was focusing more on counting stitches and how to purl.
When my kids were younger, I went out of my way to make cool kid's conference packets, bingo games, and have great breakfasts, so that everyone would sit down and pay attention!
I don't know. I think I need a grown-up game to help me listen better. We do have a family game that we play for the Sunday morning session, but I want something that spans all the sessions.
So the quote hunt is back on.
- Leave your favorite quotes in the comment section. You can leave as many as you like.
- The first one to leave the best quote (judged completely arbitrarily by me) will win.
- Sessions included start with last week's Young Women's Broadcast, and end with the Sunday afternoon session today.
- We'll have the contest end this Tuesday night, to give everyone time to get their quotes in.
- You can stream the sessions here if you want to play, but don't know where to watch the conference.
And seriously. Prizes will be mailed out THIS WEEK.
I promise I'm good for it. (Just ask happymommy)
There you go, mom! Cliff Notes are on the way!